Literally Vinyl Dial's best work to date and featuring my personal favourite song of 2017 (ＬＥＴ'Ｓ ＧＯ ＴＯ ＴＨＥ ＣＯＬＯＮＩＥＳ) I cannot recommend this album enough! Favorite track: ＬＥＴ'Ｓ ＧＯ ＴＯ ＴＨＥ ＣＯＬＯＮＩＥＳ.
HYPER is comprised of reworked, rearranged and remastered versions of tracks submitted to Hyperbattle vaporwave production competitions over the course of 2017. HYPER takes you through different scenes, with shifts in style between each track. This was inspired by the hugely contrasting levels in Sonic 3 & Knuckles as you travel through each of the zones of the Floating Island. S3&K was the first game in the series which interlinked each of its zones - the previous one ends where the next begins. Each track of the album is designed to lock-on to the previous one, so for the full HYPER experience, try out a gapless audio player like Winamp or Vox (if what you're using doesn't support it!)
Zane Alexander, Haze Vision, NewEraDreaming, Les Chilton
Your behind the scenes advice, support and friendship helped shape this album.
- Entering Hyperspace (First Kings - Pale Leproserie)
- ＤＯＵＢＬＥ ＳＩＸＥＳ ボードゲーム (Eriko Tamura - Domino)
- ＬＥＴ'Ｓ ＧＯ ＴＯ ＴＨＥ ＣＯＬＯＮＩＥＳ (Blade Runner, Gaff noodle bar scene)
- Training Spirit At Kame House (Dragon Ball episode 14 - Goku's Rival)
- トルネード (Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie / Sonic OVA / Riyu Konaka - Look-a-like | Drum kit sampled from Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 3 & Knuckles. Phantom Ruby sfx from Sonic Mania. Intro sparkle sfx from Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Past and Future sfx from Sonic the Hedgehog CD. Knuckles theme from Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles)
Bright, open, and slightly psychedelic, The Five Ringed Tower EP by Vinyl Dial (2017, Seikomart) is a lovely electronica trip. Proggy post-vapor synth rock with a dash of Asian folk influences, how's that for a genre descriptor? Odile A. O. Strik / Evening of Light